Operational training is designed for people with existing aviation qualifications who already meet CASA’s knowledge requirements for a Remote Pilot Licence. These professionals can apply for a licence themselves by simply logging 5 hours of flying and completing operational training with a CASA certified training organisation. Operational training includes practical operational flight training at our flying filed and concludes with a flight assessment to determine that you can fly safely and legally. On successful completion of the operational training we will provide you with a certificate that you submit to CASA when making application for the Remote Pilot Licence (RePL) As aviation professionals are safety and systems focused this course includes access to online theory modules that specifically relate to RPA operations including RPA systems, RPA air law, and RPA mission planning.
After you enrol in this course one of our friendly staff will contact you and book you into the next practical flight training weekend and provide you access to the online learning modules.
The Operational Training Course Includes:
- Attending one of our weekend practical flying sessions, (With our full course students)
- Fly our RPAs for up to 5 hours depending on your prior experience (
- Certificate of Completion for your submission to CASA
- Access to condensed online RPA theory specific to experienced aviators (Not compulsory but recommended)
To obtain a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL), on completion of the operational training course the student must:
- Submit CASA Form 101-01
- Submit the Certificate of Completion of the operational training
- Provide evidence of 5 hours of flying in a log book
- Pay current CASA licence fee of $160