This workshop is designed to provide important information to individuals who plan to operate under the new sub 2kg laws being released on 29/9/16. As this new weight class does not require an individual to complete a course or hold any aviation qualifications, these individuals will lack the knowledge to be able to operate legally, safely and complete a Job Safety Assessment (Mission Planning) including risk mitigation.
Answer this Question
Could you honestly say that you possess the knowledge and skill, and I’m not talking about flying component, to operate in accordance with the law (including airspace management) and operate safely without a thorough understanding of mission planning (Job Safety Assessment) that enables you to mitigate risk?
If you answered No, then you should do our Industry Preparation workshop which will prepare you to operate legally and safely by covering the main components such as air law, systems, mission planning and manufactures training.
If you answered YES, would you have considered the points below which would be essential to be legal and safe.?
- How can I legally operate operating in the vicinity of the Public?
- How do I ensure the public does not enter my operating area?
- How do I comply with the ‘Populous Place’ requirement?
- What is meant by an aerodrome?
- What type of Hazard Identification is required?
- How do you know whether Aircraft will be operating in the vicinity?
- How low will these aircraft be flying?
- Can I maintain the legal separation from manned aircraft?
- What airspace am I in?
- What is the airspace Lower Limit?
- Am I close to a VFR approach point?
- Am I close to a VFR route?
- How do I determine how far I am away from an aerodrome I am?
- What do I do if there are obstructions on the site to ensure I operate safely?
- What do I if there are main roads nearby?
- How do I ensure the Pilot is not distracted?
- What happens if my landing location becomes contaminated?
- What about electromagnetic interference?
- How do I ensure I do not distract motorists?
- How difficult is the site?
- What redundancies are fitted to the UAV and how does this affect my legal operations?
- What risk mitigation strategies do I can to implement to ensure the assignment can be completed legally and safely?
These are just a few things that we consider when planning a UAV mission and the type of things you will learn in our workshop.